View Single Post
Old 20th July 2013, 17:28   #59  |  Link
Moragg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
Moragg, curious, which CPU do you have? That's the same sample my CPU can pass with a queue of 64.

edit: xy-VSFilter vs xySubFilter: 5/64 and 11/64 for subtitle queue respectively, so not that much of a difference.

Also, about multithreading, wouldn't it be possible to say, split the screen in 4 subpictures and let each thread render one of them? I know multithreading isn't that easy from my tries to implement it for a much smaller project, but it would really be a huge benefit to have it. Especially for AMD users, since multithreading is where their CPUs excel at.
My CPU is a PhenomII 1055T - 2.8Ghz 6 core, so not very good at single threaded stuff.

While I would like multithreading "just because" it'll only make any difference on stupidly heavy typesetting, so I'm not sure it's really worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
That sounds very good, actually I'm surprised that it performs this well.
Appears I was badly mistaken, previous attempts to play this with xy-vsfilter got the result I mentioned, but a retry gets only 22 dropped frames with xy-vsfilter. xy-subfilter is still better at ~10 dropped frames though.

One thing I am confused about: why should the size at which I playback affect the subtitle queue? With no upscaling/downscaling I get perfect playback, but playing back at fullscreen gives me dropped frames.
Moragg is offline   Reply With Quote