View Single Post
Old 15th March 2020, 16:52   #647  |  Link
markfilipak

Thanks for replying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
How many programs that make use of context menus have you seen that give explicit hints that there's a context menu available? Serious question. I cannot think of a single one and would like to see how those programs do it.
They indicate it by distinctive text color, or distinctive text background color, or a box, or an underline (like a web page link), or -- least desired -- switching to a finger mouse cursor (like a web page mouse-over on a link). Providing some sort of distinction saves the user having to 'click around' all over the application and it saves the user (me) missing some important info.
Quote:
There's a separate box for error messages; the don't show up in the regular output box. What does that error box show?
I assume you mean the '[X] # errors' thingy in the status panel at the bottom of the application... Right now it says '[X] 0 errors'. I'm pretty sure I clicked it when the failure occurred -- I always do that when an error's indicated. It was my inability either to find an explanation or to find the thing that provides an explanation that prompted me to ask.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote