View Single Post
Old 16th March 2020, 13:58   #648  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfilipak View Post
Thanks for replying.

They indicate it by distinctive text color, or distinctive text background color, or a box, or an underline (like a web page link),
All of those methods are only appropriate for cases where context-sensitive content is interspersed in non-conext-sensitive content, such as hyperlinks in otherwise regular text. This isn't the case with MKVToolNix as there all list boxes/tree views have context menus, similar to well-known desktop applications such as Word, Excel or even web browser (where everything actually has a context menu, not just links!). MKVToolNix is a program in the tradition of desktop applications, not a smartphone/tablet app where different rules apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfilipak View Post
I assume you mean the '[X] # errors' thingy in the status panel at the bottom of the application...
No, that isn't what I meant.

Click on the "job output" tool on the left. You'll see a tab with three big text boxes labeled "normal output" (the top one), "warnings" (bottom left) and "errors" (bottom right). Whenever an error occurs, the bottom right box should contain something.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote