View Single Post
Old 8th November 2015, 22:30   #34151  |  Link
Asmodian

The issue with anamorphic video I noticed with "automatically detect hard coded black bars" disabled has been fixed with v.0.89.16. Thanks!

I am getting a huge performance hit when using NNEDI3 quadrupling and any image enhancement set to "refine the image after every ~2x upscaling step".
e.g.
NNEDI3 quadrupling and AdaptiveSharpen with "refine the image only once after upscaling is complete", 28.5 ms
NNEDI3 quadrupling and AdaptiveSharpen with "refine the image after every ~2x upscaling step", 54.4 ms
super-xbr quadrupling and AdaptiveSharpen with "refine the image only once after upscaling is complete", 16.3 ms
super-xbr quadrupling and AdaptiveSharpen with "refine the image after every ~2x upscaling step", 17.2 ms

GPU clock speed was constant throughout this testing.

Is this large of a difference expected? I understand there is extra work when moving in and out of YCbCr for NNEDI3 but this is larger than expected. The hit from the NNEDI3 64 quadrupling itself is less than that from running AdaptiveSharpen with "refine the image after every ~2x upscaling step".

edit: I should mention that this doesn't bother me as super-xbr quadrupling is excellent, and I can use more upscaling refinements with it, but I thought it was odd so I should mention it.

Last edited by Asmodian; 8th November 2015 at 22:39.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote