View Single Post
Old 11th February 2019, 19:08   #54664  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
I'm pretty confident about OLED qualities, especially now that motion through BFI looks to be more configurable.
I was referring to the task of getting HDR content to the TV through madVR, drivers, OS... it seems like we are still very far from fire and forget solutions. And at the end of the day I long for simplicity. I have a TV, it's calibrated to standards, I configure madVR to my likings, I set up custom resolutions to achieve smooth playback. Done.
With HDR there appears to be an extra, heavy, layer of complexity on top of this. Maybe I'll have fun understanding it all but it's looking tougher and tougher, instead of getting simpler.
To be honest that side seems quite easy nowadays, I was concerned as well, but I do not have any issues with the nVidia side in enabling HDR with multiple drivers. I have to set HDR passthrough as my 1050 2GB is not up to par to do the fancy new tone mapping, but if you are up to speed in madVR all you really need to do is select HDR passthrough for ease.

Calibration is another matter though, as its not as simple as getting black and white levels, and if it is I am making hard work in doing this.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote