View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:36   #11  |  Link
pvh1987

I don't want a DVD or harddisk recorder. Maybe in the future so I can capture digital TV streams in MPEG2 and MPEG4 with no loss.

I simply want a device that will let me capture analog video and put it into a 720x576 25fps PAL uncompressed (or nearly uncompressed) video file.

I live in Denmark. My budget is like $100-200 for the moment. Right know, I only want to capture VHS, so reference grade equipment is not needed.

Well, I am a high end hifi freak so I am kind of a perfectionist myself, but I want to use the money where it matters and I really can't see why I should by an expensive device from Canopus or something like that, just to capture som old VHS with reasonable quaility and synced audio/video.

I have no need to output analog video. Only input is needed.

My old school had a Dazzle-device that would capture analog video and audio and turn it into a DV-file using Adobe Premiere (I guess another DV capture program could be used instead). I never tried it, but I guess it worked just fine. DV must be good enough for SD video. I don't know about sound, but if it's synced to the video, I could record the sound again with a dedicated soundcard and sync the audio stream to the other DV-audio stream. Maybe that's the way to go?

The TV-card solution is a bit messy to me, but if it works and have just as good quality (or better) - that will be fine.

For postprocessing I want to split and cut, maybe deinterlacing as well. That can be done with avisynth, so I don't need any fancy video editing software.

Again - thanks a lot for helping me with this
pvh1987 is offline   Reply With Quote