View Single Post
Old 26th October 2010, 22:14   #3  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Where I am HD DBV-T uses mpeg-2, so I can't say for certain what's the best method for converting h.264, although I do understand creating a AVCHD disc could very well be pointless if you're wanting a standard definition version that'll play on something like a standalone DivX DVD player.
I regularly compress h264 into standard definition AVIs as I'm a really nice guy and I'm the only one in this house using a device capable of HD playback Everyone else still uses AVIs. I'm not converting h264 TS files though.

HDConvertToX should convert TS to XviD, although I've never used it for that. I do like the program. I think StaxRip will too.
AutoGK should convert TS files directly but I don't know if that includes h264 content. For the standard definition stuff though it might be easier than your current method.

Programs such as Format Factory or Super Video Converter will take almost any input format and re-mux the contents into another container, so for example you could probably re-mux TS into AVI or MKV, which then opens up your choice of conversion program.

As long as you have an appropriate DirectShow codec for decoding, AutoGK will convert AVIs containing h264 to XviD and AutoGK is still my first choice for doing so. It is limited as to the type of audio it will convert though, and I guess you'd be using GordianKnot anyway.

At least there's some ideas for you until someone with more h264 TS experience comes along.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote