View Single Post
Old 14th October 2020, 13:11   #33  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
wiiaboo scolded me, I was wrong where I mentioned ideas about adding features for xvid. This repo only exists for convenience to load xvid sources from using git instead of SVN, to build them in MABS. It is not an active fork for further development.
Thanks for the clarification.
Well, one thing that I would suggest to the MABS people is remove from their Xvid "mirror" everything that they don't use, such as the "xvidextras" and the VFW interface.

Quote:
So if you want to contribute to xvid, you may have to register as xvid developer in their organization to obtain commit rights to their main SVN repo, or discuss contributions in their developer mailing list.
No, thanks, I'd better keep using DivX forever

«discuss contributions in their developer mailing list.»

Not even that. I cannot expect very much from programmers who think a miniconverter and a lousy installer are an excellent idea

DivX let's the user adjust the sensitivity of the the scene-change detection. This is a good idea that the Xvidders should have "copied" (I mean, implemented) ages ago, but they didn't, because they insist that the "zones" thing is an acceptable workaround.
:Person_Shrugging_Emoji:
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote