View Single Post
Old 12th August 2020, 23:28   #59925  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbezerra View Post
I feel the same way SirMaster. It's sad that today we don't have any good option combining the power of MadVR with a nice 10-ft interface. Well, some will say that JRiver is the answer, but I personally think their 10-ft UI is really outdated and I never found an alternative to the need of writing NFO files together with my media. This is a big no-no for me - all clients see my media as read-only.
jRiver is great as a player that supports madVR very well, but I find it too limited as a front end.

For the UI, I use CMC (https://chamconsoft.com/cmc/), which replaces WMC and uses the MyMovies collection manager. It supports jRiver as an external player (following my request to add it) perfectly, amongst others.

It works great on the HTPC, completely usable with a remote (or an iPad/iPhone using iRule or similar).

MyMovies also controls the Dune players (directly) and some Oppo players (with a bridge) through its own iOS app, so you can use the same collection manager for both HTPC and standalone players.

Works great for me.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K

Last edited by Manni; 13th August 2020 at 08:58.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote