View Single Post
Old 4th September 2011, 22:26   #1  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Intel QuickSync Decoder - HW accelerated FFDShow decoder with video processing

Updated June 22nd 2013
Hi,
My name is Eric Gur and I've taken upon myself a side project at my Intel position to make the Intel SandyBridge (or newer) hardware accelerated video decoding technology freely accessible to everyone.
The project name is Intel QuickSync Decoder.

To do so, I decided to embed the Intel QuickSync technology introduced in SandyBridge into the widely popular FFDShow video decoder filter.
Nowadays, the Intel QuickSync Decoder is officially integrated in FFDShow, LAV Video Decoder and PotPlayer.

Main features
* HW decode using Intel's high performance QuickSync engine.
* Decodes H264, MPEG2, VC-1, WMV9. DVD playback not supported.
* HW deinterlacing -auto or forced, with half or full (50/60p) output rate
* HW denoise and detail filters
* Soft 3:2 pulldown on marked streams.
* Support variable frame rate streams.
* Support headless iGPU (Intel GPU disconnected from display) on Windows 8 and newer.

If your system meets the requirements, I'd appreciate stability feedback with assorted quality and sources of video content.
To report a bug report or feature request, please post in this thread.

If something is broken, please provide me with a detailed report including (after reading the known issues section below) :
1. Hardware (CPU, GPUs)
2. Software (OS, driver version, player, splitter, etc.)
3. Access to the offending content. Share via your favorite file share sites. Limit content to <100MB.

Requirements:
1. SandyBridge (2nd Generation Core i3/i5/i7/celeron/pentium) or newer. Older platforms will not work and no plans to support them.
2. Latest Intel graphic drivers. Intel GPU must either be the primary GPU, extended display or use Lucid Virtu.
3. Windows 7 (32/64) or newer OS. Should work in Vista but I can't test this.

Known Issues:
* Jumpy playback or heavy corruption on many clips are the result of drivers obtained from Windows Update. Download drivers from your OEM website or directly from Intel's download center. Some versions of Lucid Virtu will cause video playback in 64 bit player to display frames out of order.
* Frame rate is wrong or incorrect aspect ratio: Haali Media Splitter is sending corrupt time stamps or aspect ratio. LAV splitter is recommended.
* After a seek in a TS file, a corruption is seen for a few frames. LAV splitter known issue.
* Resolutions greater than 1080p aren't supported in SandyBridge.

Installation:
1. An ffdshow installer is supplied.
2. Open FFDShow configuration dialog and select 'Intel Quicksync' from the codec page for the desired formats (H264/VC1/MPEG2).

Version 0.45 is out with the following changes:
* Bugfix - frames were sometime treated as interlaced.
* Bugfix - time stamps are passed 'as is' when TS manipulation is off.
* Bugfix - time stamps handling was causing A/V delay.
* Changed: AnnexB type packets (AVC in TS files) is not pre-processed and sent to the HW decoder directly. May break a broken clip or two but save many others.
* Sync with MSDK 2014 files.
* FFDShow: r4531

Downloads
* For the latest cutting edge FFDShow builds download my builds Intel QuickSync Decoder SourceForge home page
* FFDShow-tryout site
* LAV Splitter builds
Intel Corp.

Last edited by egur; 28th June 2014 at 14:14.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote