View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 21:10   #1794  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
Then I close and relaunch and get this:I did update my VS portable install from here recently too so maybe the issue was just not showing because I was using --skip-version-checks until the v2.90.
Well, as can be seen from your log, VSPIPE.EXE encountered a deadlock (i.e. did not terminate normally within the time limit) on the first attempt:

Code:
VapourSynth EXE: E:/Tools/Simple x264 Launcher v2/extra/VapourSynth/core64/vspipe.exe
VapourSynth DLL: E:/Tools/Simple x264 Launcher v2/extra/VapourSynth/core64/vapoursynth.dll
VSPIPE.EXE process encountered a deadlock -> aborting now!
VSPIPE.EXE process still running, going to kill it!
VSPIPE.EXE failed with code 0x0000F291 -> disable Vapousynth support!
VapourSynth 64-Bit edition was found, but version check has failed!
The time limit currently is 12 seconds. This choice is kind of arbitrary, yes, but I don't see a reason why the invocation of "vspipe.exe --version" should take longer than about ~1 second – let alone 12 seconds!

If a program takes unusually long to start for no comprehensible reason, then – more often than not – so-called "anti-virus" software was interfering.

Anyhow, coincidentally I did some clean-up and refactoring of the startup code today and also slightly increased the time limit. You can try with the latest TEST build and see if that makes any difference for you...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th May 2019 at 21:21.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote