View Single Post
Old 16th October 2009, 05:24   #1026  |  Link
MilesAhead

MrC I've been doing video conversions and burning for a few years, but I've just started burning double layer DVDs, and I'm also new to AVStoDVD. I'm just wondering if it's a fluke or an issue, as I authored my first DVD9 using AVStoDVD. When I tried to burn with Imgburn I got "no suitable cell for layer break" type message. It suggested some numeric ranges and I manually plugged in a number and it seems to have burned ok. I'm just curious what AVStoDVD does afa layer break information or if there's an option or line I can add to AviSynth script to avoid having to manually add this(or perhaps it was just this particular bunch of titles.. the DVD had 6 titles, sort of an "episodic" DVD .. perhaps the cause of the issue?)

I've tried looking on the web but it seems nebulous if Dual Layer vs Double Layer is a distinction without a difference so I'm confused at this point.

Thanks for the program. I've used both QuEnc and HC in the past quite a bit and the way you have it set up with the bit rate ranges is a novel approach.