View Single Post
Old 10th August 2012, 19:21   #2091  |  Link
manolito

YES !!!
The hotfix takes care of the crashes caused by the language file. The Aften Advanced Options malassignment is also fixed. Beautiful...

So there is room for some other suggestions, thoughts and bug reports:

The Menu Wizard option still has a problem.
This is how it should be:
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/23479...rrectRW4M2.png
And this is not:
http://www.bilderload.com/bild/23479...wrong6MWAF.png

The behavior of the Quick Start Tutorial should be improved. After making the settings pressing OK should take over these settings to the main window (not working for the language selection) plus save these settings. But nothing is saved unless you do this manually through the settings dialog.

Under the Options menu the "Advanced Project Settings (F8)" entry has no effect at all. It can only be invoked by clicking the button.

And I have some more suggestions:

I reported earlier that indexing an IFO file from a DVD does not work. The reason is that AVStoDVD tries to save the index file in the source folder of the DVD. Indexing only works right now if the whole DVD structure is ripped to the HD first. I know that this is generally desirable, but I think it would be more elegant if the index file was stored in the AVStoDVD working (or Temp) folder. At least there should be an error message which explains why the indexing failed...

I found out the hard way that AVStoDVD needs at least AviSynth version 2.57 (the shortcuts for changefps like "pal_film" are not supported prior to v. 2.57). I was still using v. 2.56, a warning from AVStoDVD would have saved me some time.

And the last item on my wish list is updating HCenc to version 0.26 beta. Hank has not updated HC in more than a year, version 0.26 is stable as a rock, and it has a couple of improvements over 0.25. And under the advanced HC settings I would like to see the manono matrices included, they are really very good.

Ok, I hope my wish list isn't too long...
Looking forward to the stable version 2.50, and many thanks for this beautiful piece of software.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 10th August 2012 at 19:28.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote