View Single Post
Old 13th October 2011, 12:06   #10087  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Can anyone guide or link me to a basic to advanced calibration method for an LCD Screen, LCD LED Screen, and a Plasma screen? I have completely disabled driver software changes to the display (aka catalyst & nvidia control panel) and just have a windows 7 calibration done on all three of my monitors after putting them on default brightness/contrast levels (which seem pretty clear/normal).

What my question essentially boils down to is: What tools do I need to setup up the best possible calibration which I can do myself and not need to have a professional come in and do. I'm on Windows 7 x64 w/ latest madVR. It's not that I don't want to spend money on a professional calibration. I'm just interested in doing it myself and learning how to do it rather than have someone else do it, even if costs more in the end. Thanks!
If you do end up buying a colorimeter/spectrometer, you should try going for one of these: http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllDoc.html as they are usable with the excellent and free software ArgyllCMS, often better than even the expensive official software they come with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
Your JVC pj runs off 10/12bit internal processing, forget about 8bit ICC's on the computer. ICC's/1DLUT's are necessary when you're using a stubborn display that has very limited colorimetry settings, that's all.
Yes and madVR runs off 16-bit processing, and uses 16-bit LUTs. Even if the projector is capable of 12-bit internal processing, how many samples does it really store?

Last edited by nand chan; 13th October 2011 at 12:08.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote