View Single Post
Old 29th September 2015, 03:46   #4820  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
I have all necessary files directly copied in the qaac directory without any subdirectories. Can you try that as well please? Btw I have used the recent makeportable script with the recent Itunes installer.
I tried that and some of the files had the extension backup added and some didn't. Here's a list of the extracted Apple files before re-installing QAAC:

From the QTfiles folder
ASL.dll
CoreAudioToolbox.dll
CoreFoundation.dll
icudt46.dll*
icuin40.dll*
icuuc40.dll*
libdispatch.dll
libicuin.dll
libicuuc.dll
objc.dll
pthreadVC2.dll*

From the Microsoft.VC80.CRT folder
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest*
msvcp80.dll*
msvcr80.dll*

After copying all the files to the qaac directory and re-installing QAAC, the files marked with an asterisk were given a backup extension. The others weren't (as opposed to when they were left in the sub-directories and they were all given a backup extension).

The four original QAAC files in the QAAC folder remained, with a backup copy also created. I guess that's to be expected.
libsoxconvolver.dll
libsoxr.dll
qaac.exe
refalac.exe

I used makeportable and the QuickTime installer to extract the required files. I'm pretty sure it was makeportable 0.9 and QuickTime 7.7.7, but to be sure I downloaded them both again (QuickTime 7.7.8) and ran makeportable. Exactly the same files were extracted (still CoreAudioToolbox 7.9.8.3), just with more recent modified dates.
You're not using an old makeportable or QuickTime installer are you? I'm pretty sure the files extracted changed at some stage, but that was a fair while ago. Or does it extract different files for XP....

Cheers.

Last edited by hello_hello; 29th September 2015 at 04:25.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote