View Single Post
Old 16th August 2017, 11:30   #22  |  Link
burfadel

I've updated the script with a setting for that sharpening amount. This is optioned as 'enh' as it targets detail. A setting of 0 completely disables it. Default setting is 20, which is approximately half of what it was. I realise you can't resurrect lost details, that's not the intention. It's impossible to truly resurrect lost details regardless of how it's done, simply because if it's 'lost' then it's not there to recover. The best you can do is use algorithms to determine what is expected to be there, but that's still not recovering the true detail.

I started looking into other filters because I found KNLMeansCL, as well as other filters, had output that just wasn't as clear as it should be. I then thought of ways to circumvent this, the result being mClean. Another consiration is for it to be pretty fast, suitable for most scenarios, and also keeping things relatively simple. The future intention is to add dehalo, dering, derainbow etc as options, and hopefully deblock as well. Strong enough to be effective but not to reduce wanted detail, whilst still remaining relatively fast.

Last edited by burfadel; 16th August 2017 at 11:45.
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote