View Single Post
Old 7th January 2019, 19:28   #28284  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Upgraded version and want to ensure I refresh/update as its been some time since I updated anything.
Are these settings still valid?

1) Nero AAC:
Just upgraded version and noticed I had in INI file a path to Nero AAC encoder as set below:
NEROAAC=1
NeroAACPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\NeroAACCodec_v1.5.4\neroAacEnc.exe
Is Nero still the best for quality and recommended? I ask because that was the recommendation many years ago, but I assume the FAAC project has improved.

2) FFSHOW version:
Noticed I am running an very old version at 3382 and looks like for some time 4504 is recommended version.
Should I install new version and will installer move over any custom settings I had in prior version?

3) Multiprocessor settings:
Also noticed using this setting as I have a Intel 6 core CPU and 16GB RAM
MULTIPROCESS=4
Are most folks with multi core using this setting? I have not had any issues with it and been using for some time now.

4) Encode Quality settings
Noticed I switched off auth and set to High Quality Default (ENCODE_QUALITY=2)
And One Pass ABR (ONEPASS_ENCODING=2)
Should I continue using one pass ABR or is CRF now what most use? I understand if I uncheck one pass the output target might be more accurate but it takes more time. Is 2 pass almost double what one pass encoding time takes?

5) Tool versions
noticed am using AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0 and HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1
Will update to AVIsynth to latest. But is the version of Splitter the latest, could not tell as readme file does not indicate version that jdobbs recommends.

6) Preview in BDRebuilder
Noticed it launches my MPC classic 6.4.9.1 which is surprising as most bluray are H.264 so would have thought would now launch MPC-HC which I have installed.

Last edited by jfcarbel; 7th January 2019 at 21:16.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote