View Single Post
Old 10th October 2017, 18:57   #22268  |  Link
mark0077

Guys can I get a recommendation as to the best way to downmix content to 2.0 output. My cheap 5.1 system gave out on me so I have gotten a set of LS50 Wireless and plan to attach a sub to its sub output, as I normally don't really make a lot of use of the surround information anyways.

I'm wondering whats the consensus on the best way to downmix the likes of 5.1 to 2.0 without losing any of the LFE information. I want to send the full range of output to the speakers and decide from there how best to transfer the lower frequency content.

I have windows speaker configuration set to 2.0 and set that I have full range speakers (not that I think it even has any impact). I'm not sure which is best, to let windows mix whatever I throw at it, ie 5.1, down to 2.0, or use lav audios mixing to convert the 5.1 to 2.0. I know a lot of people use wasapi to try to avoid the windows mixer as its so bad. Is this still the case nowadays in Windows 10 and is using lav audio mixing + wasapi out from mpc still the best way to go?

Note: Whats throwing me off about bypassing lav audio decoder and just using mpc audio renderer, set to exclusive wasapi, is that the lfe channel in any surround sound test clips I have tried from say Dolby, still seems to be getting mixed into the 2.0.

Last edited by mark0077; 10th October 2017 at 19:08.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote