View Single Post
Old 17th February 2017, 08:24   #42578  |  Link
huhn

someone is reporting a bug in samsung TVs:
Quote:
Step 2: "UHD Color" option cycling.

Once you have the latest drivers installed and the display is setup correctly you need to press the menu button on the remote and navigate to the “UHD Color” setting on your TV for the input the computer is plugged into. The computer must still be on.
This setting needs to be cycled OFF, then back ON for the input the computer is connected to. Doing this requires the TV to restart each time.
Once you cycle the “UHD Color” option back ON the TV should now show the correct resolution on the TV’s "Info" button on screen display (3840×2160 / 60p). The display should also now correctly be displaying full 4:4:4 chroma subsampling as the CAC-1070 and CAC-1170 are meant to be able to do.
Keep in mind, after cycling the the UHD Color option OFF then back ON, the correct resolution may still not be displayed (and it will be putting out 4:2:2 chroma subsampling). If this is the case you will need to cycle the "UHD Color" option OFF and ON again, possibly several times until you get the desired result.
Also important to note that once you turn the TV off then go back and turn it on later the TV will have reverted to it’s previous state and you will have to jump through the “UHD Color” OFF-ON cycling hoop again to get back to your desired result.
Please be aware that any resolution changes/refreshes will kick the TV out of the correct mode (3840x2160 @60hz with 4:4:4 chroma) and it will revert back to the incorrect 4:2:2 mode with 4069x2180 displayed on the TV's "Info" button on screen display. This means any program that changes resolution in any way (for instance starting a game up) will knock the TV back into 4:2:2 mode. Then you must cycle the "UHD Color" setting again to get back to 4:4:4. When you cycle UHD Color back on it sometimes takes quite a while for windows to scale and refresh your desktop making this tedious and inconvenient.
This workaround method IS NOT a viable solution for people that will be going in and out of programs that change/refresh the resolution such as gamers as you will constantly be messing with the display to get the correct output.

i never had these problem on my panasonic.
but my RX 480 stayed at 3860x2160.
but as you can see he get's the rubbish 4096x2160 default resolution bug too.

i had a way bigger problem than this with HDMI handshake issues so i gave up after the 3rd card and got a 1060 that works perfectly.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote