Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2019, 00:22   #873  |  Link
albino

As a long long time user of Virtualdub, I thought it was high time I make the switch to Virtualdub2. Right off the bat though I noticed that my export speeds are much slower than in Virtualdub, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something obviously wrong.

I tested with Virtualdub 1.10.4 using DShowInputDriver against Virtualdub2 43702. I also tested with an old version of ffinputdriver I had available. I noticed it right away with every file I tried, but as a control for the results below I decided to use big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov, saving only the first 1:00 in order to keep the testing time easy to manage. All of the files and programs are on my NVMe drive with an i7-7700K and Windows 10 Pro. Here's my quick test results in seconds:

Virtualdub1 (DShowInputDriver)
Uncompressed: 17
MagicYUV: 14

Virtualdub1 (ffinputdriver)
Uncompressed: 23
MagicYUV: 13

Virtualdub2 (default)
Uncompressed: 25
MagicYUV: 23

I also tested with Lagarith, and all three were about the same time (though over 50 seconds each). I tried opening the file with the cache on by default, and disabling it, but the times were identical either way.

At the end of the day, the time differences aren't that much unless you're doing something significant, but I just thought I'd ask here in case there's a plugin I'm supposed to be using, or if I should be disabling/enabling some option.

Thanks!

Last edited by albino; 1st August 2019 at 00:30.
albino is offline   Reply With Quote