View Single Post
Old 1st January 2006, 23:09   #58  |  Link
bond

first of all wow! this decoder really blows away!
i guess i can for the first time decode D1 res avc + he-aac in realtime on my 866mhz pentium3

here my speed results for
x264_hp_2pass_720x288_B3-Ref_Ref5_p4x4-i8x8_loop-5_WBP_cabac:
coreavc-tcpmp: 90.32fps
ateme: 50.62fps
ffmpeg-mplayer: 49.91fps
ffmpeg-ffdshow: 44.98fps
ffmpeg-tcpmp: 38.58fps

i guess the values speak for themselves, coreavc-tcpmp is ~80% faster than the second fastest decoder, ateme!!!

the tcpmp values are derived via the tcpmp benchmark option together with "null video".
with directdraw video i still get 36.92fps

as i see it the now used avc features not supported by coreavc are:
- custom quant matrices
- lossless
- interlacing
i hope at least the first two will be supported too

another interesting thing i saw was that ffmpeg avc decoding via tcpmp is clearly more slower than when decoding with ffmpeg via ffdshow or mplayer. i guess thats because tcpmp itself is not that fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicardGK
Thanks. The problem was caused by a buffering problem with high bitrate files dropping reference frames (there were also some audio gaps)
i am wondering when does tcpmp drop frames? and is it possible to disable this, so i know for sure that tcpmp plays my videos in realtime without dropping frames

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote