View Single Post
Old 30th March 2014, 17:22   #19754  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Well, when you're right, you're right. The job finished without errors when no items were blanked. Howeverrrrr... based on PowerDVD 13 OSD, all video on disc is MVC (haven't checked the original for that yet) and the main movie looks like it's 2D, not 3D - even though PDVD says the video is MVC.

One unfortunate result of ditching SSIF is that I can no longer check the output on Stereoscopic Player. PowerDVD can display MVC as red/cyan anamorphic, which is what I used on Stereoscopic Player, but I don't trust PDVD like I do SSP.

I'll burn the output on a BD-RE and check it on a stand-alone player.
PowerDVD sucks. I have it too. Try it on a standalone player.

If Stereoscopic Player is BD compatible -- it should play these discs. If it doesn't the problem is with the player.

As for all the content being MVC -- that's ok. Stereoscopic playback only differs from 3D by the existence of the MVC stream (either in-mux or out-of-mux) which has a reserved PID. The MVC stream is separated from the 2D video and is accessed through extensions in the MPLS and CLPI files. So a 2D player simply ignores it (because it doesn't look for the extensions).

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th March 2014 at 17:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote