View Single Post
Old 17th March 2010, 00:12   #7298  |  Link
ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
Jdobbs
Any ideas on how to find out which one to select manually ?
Chris
I normally extract all the subtitles with the relevant language with Eac3to, which will identify the number of lines of "forced" subtitles - I then include that track.

I have found there are a number of ways forced subtitles are included - either in the main subtitle track (with a number of lines marked as forced - this seems the most common) or a seperate subtitle track (that only has the forced).

I don't have time to check my previous backups at the moment, but if the forced subs are part of the main subtitle track, and you do a movie-only backup and include those subs, and you therefore have to force the sub on manually, will you see all the subtitles or just the forced ones?

It would be good if BD-RB was able to identify those tracks that contain forced subtitles to make it easier to identify which ones to include - but as far as I'm aware (from the Eac3to notes) you can only tell with Blu-ray if subs are forced after you extract the entire subtitle track (unlike hd-dvd). Even better, it would be good to be able to extract just the forced subs from the track (if they are a part of the main subtitle track) and include them (I guess this should be for the feature requests thread).
ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote