View Single Post
Old 20th March 2010, 19:30   #7357  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeB View Post
Shon, this is something i tried yesturday night. Surprisingly, it succeeds (at least in part) where BD-RB Fails...

I tried Win7DSFilterTweaker_1.9 and had put everything in there to ffdshow (under 32 bits tree). I Then started BD-RB and for the 1st time, it didn't complain about anything. So for BD-RB at that point everything was fine. EXCEPT, it will still fail at the CODEC but without complaining about VC-1 and MPEG not being attributed to FFDSHOW.

Proof of what i am saying is here:

-----------------------
[14:27:40] BD Rebuilder v0.32.08 (beta)
- Source: THE_MUMMY
- Input BD size: 29,42 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:04:53.235]
- Target BD size: 23,93 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- Resuming from previously started job.
[14:27:41] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:27:41] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [14:27:41] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 179*658 frames
- Bitrate: 19*550 Kbs
- [14:27:41] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying. <- No more VC-1 not configured for FFDSHOW
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
[14:27:43] - Failed video encode, aborted

--------------------------------------------------

Ok, well, it's a start, that lead me to think JDoobs is looking under the 32-bit keys tree rather than the 64. But my machine is 64 bits. Back to Win7DSFilterTweaker_1.9, under the 64-bit tree, for all codecs, the only option available is MICRO$OFT.

Humm.. Does that mean i need to install some set of 64 bits codecs ? Does BD-RB needs 64-bit codecs if my machine is 64 bits ? Or can it uses 32-bit (then how do i tell it to go for 32-bits instead of theses 64-bit that are microsoft only ? Should i install a 64-bit FFDSHOW (Does that exists ?) Then again, i heard JDoobs saying that AVISYNTH doesn't like 64-bit codecs..

Gee - everything was so simple under RC-1 (64 bits still) should never had gone legit with RTM =P

I Will try to do a VDO at some point and post it to Youtube to show it to everybody. I seem to have fallen into a void somewhere. But my objective is to clarify this so next versions can address this problem in any situation (32, 64 or whatever the problem is).

You know, a little logic would lead you to believe that what you are saying is BS... have you noticed at all that it is working for everybody else on the planet who has a Win7 64 bit setup except for you...

If you starting installing 64 bit codecs I can guarantee you will have additional failures.

You obviously know more than I do. But do me a favor, if you post videos about how to do this -- please caviat it with "the developer of BD-RB doesn't agree with this". Because all it's going to do is cause me more headaches.

Hope you find your problem. I give up.

And by the way... my name isn't JDoobs, it's jdobbs. I would appreciate it if you at least got THAT right.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th March 2010 at 19:42.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote