View Single Post
Old 25th November 2020, 01:27   #60816  |  Link
brazen1

I too use a black background along with all the apps that offer 'dark themes' such as MPC. Mismatching levels is the cure for desktop in the setting changes I mentioned but not for video for me. Full, Full, Full here and I understand the panel differences require it. It really is a testament how significant the GPU role is in relationship to our other ancient hardware and even our GPU's are outdated.

That said, I, and perhaps you have little reason to upgrade assuming you also passthrough... and why wouldn't you. I do admit the 960 does not have enough oomph to use MadVR denoising with 2160p HDR and I'd like to have that for older titles that were remastered from film that contained a lot of grain to begin with. Newer digital titles are fine without it though. Even HDR 2160p 60Hz Gemini Man. Probably one of the best cameras used. Aircraft Carrier is another. I've had denoising mapped to my remote so when a noisy title is played I can simply toggle it on and repeat through the intensities until it cleans up. Only on non-HDR titles though. It's probably the most go to fine adjustment I make in real time playback and I'm so, so happy madshi created it for us. Big thank you if you're still monitoring this thread.

That said, I can't justify upgrading my 960 basically just for that - Not at todays rip-off pricing nor last years, nor the year before that. And what owners are selling their used units for... another complete joke. They can keep them or let some other thrifty nut job buy my share.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote