View Single Post
Old 10th July 2015, 12:33   #31634  |  Link
Hyllian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
I see. I wonder if there is also a super-xbrz based on the xbrz scaler.

Guess I'll stick to Jinc for now.
xbr and xbrz are basically the same algorithm with slightly differencies in corner treatments. The major differencies between them are in the implementation side, as xbrz was a xbr reimplemented in C++ using paralell instructions for use in some emulators that only use CPU to upscale their framebuffers.

See this post to know more about the differencies.

And Super-xBR is almost totally different than xBR. It uses a slightly modified edge detection from xbr and interpolate pixels using known linear interpolators (sinc, cubic, bilinear, etc). The edge detection is just a direction guide. And it doesn't use the corner treatment from xbr, so I can't see how a hypothetical super-xbrz would differ from the existent super-xbr.

The way I figured out how to combine the edge detection with the linear interpolation of pixels without introducing artifacts only works when exactly doubling the resolution. The same way as NEDI works. For now, if I try to scale by a non power-of-two factor, something goes wrong. Maybe it's possible and I just don't know yet. It's something to research in the future.

Last edited by Hyllian; 10th July 2015 at 13:02.
Hyllian is offline   Reply With Quote