View Single Post
Old 19th September 2018, 23:29   #52537  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
which of these are relevant to AMD cards, all of them?
If any of those things were specific to Nvidia, I would have said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
'* added true GPU mode info (color format, bitdepth & dynamic range) to OSD (Nvidia only)'

Just wondering where in the OSD this info shows?
At the end of the first line - but only if madVR is able to get the information from the GPU driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
Yes, desktop PC, updated to 0.92.15, reset to default settings, same result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Wolf View Post
My TV has desktop color depth, output color depth, output color format, output dynamic range connected with HDMI and OSD shows the information as stated in the changelog, but my other monitor which is connected with DVI and only shows desktop color depth shows refresh rate only on the OSD like the screenshot from Siso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetA13 View Post
i guess i have the same problem...

i see just the normal OSD stuff nothing new..
made a clean madvr install.

tested on 2 monitors, one with DVI - and one with VGA..(yes one monitor still has VGA)
I can only guess that your GPU driver somehow doesn't report this information to madVR, I don't know why. If you want to know how it looks like, there's a screenshot in this post:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56833736

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
It means that starting with v0.92.15 the render queue always stays low at about half the given number of presented frames in advance (only tried windowed mode). Consequently the present queue does stay low, too. Before this version they were always full. So either latest madVR needs immensely more GPU processing power without the stats reflecting so or there's something wrong. Resetting to default doesn't help, i.e. it isn't related to my personal settings.
Is this only with HDR content, or also with SDR? And if you go back to v0.92.14, the problem is definitely completely gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Good blind shot reco. Changed D3D11/automatic native to DXVA 2 copy back/my nvidia GPU. With MPC-HC video starts paused and pressing play it begins and all is well. Still, shouldn't start paused.
Strange. Did that problem only occur for HDR movies, or also for SDR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsdyke View Post
I have reported this already a while ago but you said back then that you had not the time to look more into it.

Setup:
MPC-BE + LAV + MadVR playing a SD-file.

Problem:
With SD activated in LAV Video the image is displayed only for a few seconds then the image turns completely green.
The video keeps playing and I can hear the sound.
(I first mentioned that to Nev but he said that is most likely a MadVR issue).
I don't remember any of that. Do you have a link to the old discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
unfortunately I was hoping that maybe a combination of new AMD drivers and new MADVR would fix the blown out reds issue with AMD 23hz SDR playback, this really needs fixing, had this for months now with 3 different AMD cards and muliple sets of drivers and LAV / MADVR versions.
I don't think anybody else has reported this issue yet. So I think it must be something specific to your setup somehow. Looking at your "if I do this or that the problem goes away" list, I'm 99.9% sure that it's not madVR's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ver Greeneyes View Post
madshi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1803 I've been having an issue with madVR where my render queues seem "capped" in some way, maybe by GPU memory usage, and trying to use the more expensive algorithms leads to queues not filling up at all even though the render time is very low. I have a GeForce GTX 1080 and I never had problems before updating to Windows 10 version 1803, so I think Microsoft added some sort of new limitation.
Why do you use Windows 10, when Windows 8.1 is a much better HTPC OS? I keep on recommending Windows 8.1. Again and again... <sigh>

Anyway. At this point I don't have a solution. Interestingly, it seems not everybody seems to have this problem, only some users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDO View Post
thank you madshi for your A legendary effort in Recent months in AVS fourm to make that great work for us, We appreciate that very much, i don't know what if we don't have you and madvr in our PC, It will be a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparktank View Post
There is no file name tag for transfer characteristics.
Bt.**** for signalling HDR.

Or whatever number that is.
SMPTE ST 2084 (PQ)

EDIT: For working with 16bit screenshots.
There actually already is a file name tag for that. Search for "tag" in the changelog to find the details.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote