View Single Post
Old 19th September 2018, 23:45   #52538  |  Link
mclingo

[QUOTE=madshi;

I don't think anybody else has reported this issue yet. So I think it must be something specific to your setup somehow. Looking at your "if I do this or that the problem goes away" list, I'm 99.9% sure that it's not madVR's fault.

.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree but I ruled out my Tv by plugging in my other HDR and got the same problem. I ruled out my AVR by bypassing it and going straight into the TV which just leaves My PC. I've had three different AMD cards and one fresh rebuild and I still have the same issue, i've also replaced the HDMI cables. If I put the NVIDIA card in its fine so its definitely and issue with the AMD driver and how it acts with MADVR as it doesnt do with other renderers.

someone else has also reported this a while back but I cant remember who it was, it will be connected to my setup but I dont think its a fault, it must be a driver issue or something to do with how MADVR works. AMD insists there are no issues but I cant help feeling there is an real issue here but because everyone's setup so different these days in sublte ways its hard finding a subset of users with a similar enough setup to mine.

for instance, very few people use their TV processing so they will likely set it to PC mode, I use it to smooth out panning shots which because there is less motion blur on OLED you can get jagged edges in bright areas on pans. These are there on LCD but get blurred out. If you apply just the right amount you get smoothing without the soap opera effect.

Last edited by mclingo; 19th September 2018 at 23:48.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote