View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:47   #6  |  Link
trotskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Anyway, back to your problem - and you should have done this BEFORE asking here - is this (d)effect seen on TV when playing the cassette?
I already said it in my first post. I have tried, and there are no brightness changes when playing the tape with (any of my) VCR on a TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator
Has your sample been obtained with or without a de-macrovision box inserted ?
Quote:
Can you confirm the signal leaving your "demacrovision" box has (or has not) this (d)effect?
I've tried both with and without the box: The result is the same. In fact, I added the box to see if I could get rid of the problem with it, but didn't help. The box should work, as I've noted the camcorder prevents direct record of the AV input (to a MiniDV) unless it is plugged in between.

Quote:
Can you insert a color proc or any other processor in order to fade the signal (if level too high it may be clipped or the DSP would react to it)?
I'm sorry but I don't even know what sort of device you are referring to.

I think the problem is definitely on the camcorder. Some sort of Automatic Gain Control (as told by other users in other forum) that cannot be adjusted from the camcorder menus. Now I'm waiting to have another camcorder borrowed and see if I can do the capture with it.

Thanks!

Last edited by trotskito; 23rd November 2020 at 14:52.
trotskito is offline   Reply With Quote