View Single Post
Old 25th September 2014, 03:24   #95  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
@Anime Viewer

I highly recommend you to use xy vobsub. there is a good reason this is the vsfilter in CCCP and KCP
I prefer using xySubfilters or vsfilters to the DirectVobSub filters, but so far I've been unable to get either of them to work with MPDN. Installing the x64 version of DirectVobSubs was the best way I could think of to keep if from conflicting with the x86 configurations on the system that uses xySubfilters or vsfilters (depending on the player I'm using).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs View Post
That's the CLSID for XySubFilter, which is weird as MPDN does not even attempt to load it. I think there's a non-MPDN specific DirectShow config problem on your machine in the x64 setup (whereas x86 has a different config set).

A quick try, disable "Load subtitles" in options. Also give MPC-HC x64 a try and see if you encounter the same problem.

EDIT: Ah I see you've solved it.
With regards to the Optimus bug in x86 -- it is definitely an NVIDIA driver bug since MPDN does not have a separate code branch for x86 / x64. If one works and the other doesn't, you can definitely point your finger to an underlying issue.
I jumped to conclusions on the DirectX 10.1 working. It was working in a window, but the minute I maximized it to full screen the video playback froze and took dominance of the system again (where I couldn't close MPDN again, and had to sign out of Windows again to get it to close).

I unchecked "Load Subtitles" in options, and not surprisingly the subtitles disappeared again. Having either of the xysubfilter (auto-load and not auto-load) didn't make a difference as neither displayed subtitles in the video(s). I'll download/install/test with the x64 MPC-HC and report back as to if that has the same problem.

The same video that was running without subtitles in MPDN is running with subtitles displayed in MPC-HC 1.7.6.253. The filters listed as running with the video (in MPC-HC x64) are: Default DirectSound Device, Enhanced Video renderer (custom presenter), audio switcher, LAV video decorder (internal), LAV audio decorder (internal), and LAV splitter source (internal). If I hover over LAV splitter source it shows the subtitle track correctly. In the past when I've used MPC-HC x86, MPC-BE x86, KCP (both versions) I've disabled all internal filters, so I did that as well. Now its the same filters (except not LAV internals) and File Source (Async.) is now there.
I'll continue testing with MPDN and see if I can get non-directVobsub working.

Last edited by Anime Viewer; 25th September 2014 at 05:28.
Anime Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote