View Single Post
Old 26th February 2015, 04:36   #754  |  Link
Moragg

Hi there! Love all the stuff you guys are doing, I have one (small) issue that requires a very particular "solution":

Currently I'm using SVP to motion-interpolate panning scenes (works amazingly and is so much easier on the eyes). This is what I think currently happens:
Splitter (LAV)
Interpolation (SVP - an avisynth plugin called from ffdshow raw video filter)
Upscaling (madvr)
Subs & Typesetting (xy-subfilter)

Which works great - except for moving subtitles which look awful as they are not interpolated but the scene behind them is. Ideally it'd look like:
Splitter (LAV)
Typesetting (xy-subfilter)
Interpolation (SVP)
Upscaling (madvr)
Subs (xy-subfilter)

i.e. just the moving typesets (those lasting ~1 frame) need to be done before interpolation. Is it remotely easy and/or possible to do this beforehand, maybe by having a different subtitle renderer appear pre-interpolation for the moving typesets?

I realise its probably a lot more work than any of you would consider, so please think of it more theoretically - if it isn't I can just abandon all hope of it ever occurring.

One other beneficiary of this would be pixel art, which has to be rendered pre-resizing to work correctly, but isn't currently. Having a selective pre-scaling sub filter could be a useful thing.
Moragg is offline   Reply With Quote