View Single Post
Old 24th November 2022, 12:54   #69  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy_cake View Post
3. DXVA (AMD/NVidia implementation... I can only get this through MadVR... maybe someone should make an Avisynth filter for this? )
Is cuvid still I thing? I'm using on old version of MPC-HC as the newer flavours don't support XP. DXVA2 doesn't work but Cuvid DXVA does in LAV filters and the deinterlacing works but my old video card can barely de-interlace to 25fps at 1080p.

For funzies I enabled the old ffdshow DXVA decoder and it worked. I couldn't get it to decode with MADVR rendering for some reason, but using WMR9 it did (EVR doesn't play on XP any more). The video was being de-interlaced and it played a 1080p source smoothly even though I'm pretty sure it was de-interlacing to 50fps, although it has no de-interlacing options. It also only supports h264 and VC1.

It's been so long since I've wanted to watch interlaced video I had to work out why MPC-HC wasn't de-interlacing any video at all before I started.... given my "de-interlace once, do it properly, re-encode as progressive and it's done for good" philosophy.

Now I've had another look with de-interlacing enabled I'll take back what I said about the DVD quality. The video sections look better on the bluray too. Less noise and artefacts etc.

PS Did you try my decoding and deinterlacing suggestion in the TIVTC thread? Even if you just use TDeint and none of the other filtering I'm curious to learn if it works for the whole video. I think the sample encode I uploaded looks better in general than the original DVD, although there's probably still some room for a slight improvement. I didn't experiment much with filter options.

Last edited by hello_hello; 24th November 2022 at 13:09.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote