Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2018, 20:10   #526  |  Link
Yanak

Hello,

I'm trying to use a mkv containing a .hevc 4.2.0 10bits file inside virtualdub2, and exporting via the frameserver to a .vdr file and then trying to open it in Staxrip.

The .vdr file imports in Staxrip, i can see the length of the file being correct but all the frames are returned black, until now i always used 8bits videos and with those there is no problems using avisource in avisynth+ for .vdr files.

Vdub2 in automatic mode for the decode format sets it to YUV420P16 apparently ( file information in vdub2 says yuv420p10le ), tried to set it manually to YUV420P10 but still black frames returned in avisource, if i set the decode format to RGB24 it returns the frames normally, not black i mean, but at this point i didn't tried to compare colors vs original frames to see if there is some errors.

I saw there is the possibility to set the pixel_type for avisource but trying YUV420P16 or YUV420P10 still return black frames on the .vdr file, tried also to use things like fourCC="Y3[11][10]" in the avisource filter but seems to have no effect, still black frames.

I'm a bit lost in this now and not sure if it comes from avisynth or from the .vdr file exported by the frameserver and possible problems with 10 bits content,

If anyone have an idea about this please,

Thanks a lot.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote