View Single Post
Old 27th November 2014, 01:44   #1074  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
I've just tried running the new build using Win10 64-bit Build 9879. And I got this: -

What does it all mean? Cheers
First of all, it means that I have the message and the title interchanged in that error dialog box

Secondly, it means that Qt failed to load its Image I/O plug-in's for some reason

Actually I was able to reproduce this error on my Windows 10 Preview VM, while it works perfectly fine for me on my Windows XP VM as well as on my Windows 8.1 VM and on my "main" Windows 7 machine

Either this is some regression in the Preview of Windows 10 that they will fix (hopefully) before the RTM. Or they intentionally changed the DLL loading behavior in a way that breaks Qt's plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Everything looks to have extracted and the imageformats folder is present. And I tried copying the files within the imageformats folder and placing them within the main folder
Image I/O plug-ins need to be in the "imageformats" sub-folder for Qt to recognize them:
http://i.imgur.com/HWrzPEP.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariush View Post
Latest Avira detects lxp_mpg123.exe as infected with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen ... lamexp (1582) crashes with an error "unable to lock file" or something like that.
If you are an Avira user, you may wish to send a report to the Avira support, so they can fix the bug in their software. Otherwise, just ignore

See also:
http://muldersoft.com/docs/lamexp_faq.html#96205e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Mulder, I hate to say it, but I just put this on my new laptop for the first time, and this is one of the more unpleasant "first impressions" of a software I've ever used, up there with Autodesk or Adobe. Four popups in a row, two of which couldn't be clicked away without waiting a few seconds. If I didn't appreciate LameXP's usefulness, I'd immediately remove it.
Please note that this is a pre-release beta build and neither the "call for translators" notification nor the "debug console" window is present in regular release builds.

Also note that the notice about the missing AAC encoder will appear only if you haven't installed the Nero AAC encoder yet. Once the Nero AAC binary has been put into the correct place, you'll never see the notice again.

Reviewers even explicitly praise the notification, because "the task is not too difficult to carry out as everything is provided for the job: link to the download file, folder location and step by step instructions".

(Of course I'd prefer to have AAC encoder built-in too, but Nero AAC cannot be redistributed for legal reasons. QAAC isn't a practicable alternative here either, because it depends on the proprietary Apple/QuickTime DLL's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Regarding updates: Holy hell, do that in the background. Reminds me of smplayer's obnoxious "no updates found!" popup every reboot.
Many users prefer if the application will not talk to external servers "behind the user's back". Obviously, you can't do it right for everybody.

(If with "smplayer" you are referring to my "MPlayer for Windows" package, then the included auto-updater does not check for updates on every reboot. It only does so once every 30 days)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethedoom View Post
I don't know what QAAC is about. Log images attached.
It means that the optional QAAC add-in is not currently present. If you want to use QAAC (instead of Nero AAC), you may download the required add-in from here.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 27th November 2014 at 02:29.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote