View Single Post
Old 1st April 2016, 22:26   #1354  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
I found out that when I convert flac files into mp3, the <track> and <Album Artist> tag info from the flac files are not properly copied to the mp3 tags.
The <track> tag automatically gets 1, 2 3, etc. The <Album Artist> tag stays empty.
I checked the Meta Data and Advanced Options tabs but can't find anything about those.
As explained various times before, this is not a simple matter of "copying" the meta tags

It requires to detect the meta tags from the original input file, store them in an internal data structure, and finally re-embed them into the re-encoded file.

And all this needs to work with 17 different decoders and 11 different encoders (187 combinations), which all store different tags in different ways.

Therefore, the internal "meta data" model was designed as the "the lowest common denominator" of what the various different audio formats (encoder/decoders) support.

At this time, the "Album Artist" is not maintained as a separate field in the internal "meta data" model, sorry!

About the "track number" issue: I think you probably have "Position" set to "Generate from list position" on the "Meta Data" tab. If so, then the result is as expected.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 1st April 2016 at 22:35.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote