View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 15:23   #59  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwiggo View Post
So is one of those the file I uploaded and one is the youtube video? Could you upload those 2 videos but separately (but with random names so I don't know which is which), as I struggle to see the fine details when it is only half the size of the screen (my laptop only has a 720p screen).
Yes; but it will be easy to tell from the filesize difference

The "smoothness" is pretty much the same. There is nothing "special" about the youtube video. The only significant difference between any default script setting is the blended scene changes

When you stack them and use the same player, you eliminate all the other potential issues maybe you had a source decoding issue introducing duplicates ; or playback issues like different decoder, different player, different renderer. (Even the same player can use different decoding pathway)

You can download the YT version, and make the other one yourself. As mentioned earlier, the script is the jm_fps manolito mod (I just copied and pasted from your earlier post), with scene blending enabled, masking disabled

You can go frame by frame , or if you want compare them in different tabs in avspmod (if you resize to same dimensions, trim() to align the frames - they will be superimposed and you just hit the number keys to swap tabs back and forth - very easy to see frame differences this way)

Or if you're just looking at individual videos, separately, then you don't need to resize or align them. But it's easy to see they they are very similar in terms of "smoothness".

Or, if you still think they are different in terms of "smoothness" then we need to investigate farther - eg. maybe there was an encoding issue your end?, maybe the encoding settings you're using are causing problems? YT videos are encoded so they can be easily decoded across platforms. Maybe player dropping frames, etc...

Code:
FFVideoSource("test1.mkv")
jm_fps(59.94)

As mentioned earlier, only the very last line is changed (highlighted in red) ; to blend=true, and the masking disabled (rest of line commented out). You could do the same thing in SVPFlow or any of the dozen interpolation variants. They produce similar results when using similar settings

Code:
# Motion Protected FPS converter script by johnmeyer from Doom9
# Slightly modified interface by manolito
# Requires MVTools V2 and RemoveGrain
# Also needs fftw3.dll in the System32 or SysWOW64 folder for Dct values other than 0

function jm_fps(clip source, float "fps", int "BlkSize", int "Dct")
{
fps = default(fps, 25.000)
fps_num = int(fps * 1000)
fps_den = 1000
BlkSize = default(BlkSize, 16)
Dct = default(Dct, 0)

prefiltered = RemoveGrain(source, 22)
super = MSuper(source, hpad = 16, vpad = 16, levels = 1, sharp = 1, rfilter = 4) # one level is enough for MRecalculate
superfilt = MSuper(prefiltered, hpad = 16, vpad = 16, sharp = 1, rfilter = 4) # all levels for MAnalyse
backward = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb = true, blksize = BlkSize, overlap = 4, search = 3, dct = Dct)
forward = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb = false, blksize = BlkSize, overlap = 4, search = 3, dct = Dct)
forward_re = MRecalculate(super, forward, blksize = 8, overlap = 2, thSAD = 100)
backward_re = MRecalculate(super, backward, blksize = 8, overlap = 2, thSAD = 100)
out = MFlowFps(source, super, backward_re, forward_re, num = fps_num, den = fps_den, blend = true)#, ml = 200, mask = 2)

return out
}
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote