View Single Post
Old 4th November 2012, 17:12   #16071  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
But I think it is very slow.It is necessaryt to optimize for windows 8.
The extracting it is very, very slow.

Regards and zhanks for the program
That has absolutely nothing to do with BD Rebuilder. Call Microsoft and tell them their new operating system sucks and is slower than Windows 7.

Do they know how ridiculous it is for someone to have to "optimize their code" for a new release of an operating system? How do you think Apple would fair if suddenly those 10,000+ apps for the iPad stopped working because they needed to be "optimized"?

I realize Microsoft owns the PC world right now -- but based on their attitude and lack of vision, I have doubts this will still be a M$ world in 5 years.

...stepping down off my soapbox.

By the way -- if it is slow, you typically want to check some of the security or search settings. For example, you will find that a drive that has indexing enabled (look at its properties) is significantly slower than one without -- and frankly it really doesn't give you much in return. I also find that disabling anti-virus software when I'm running jobs makes a lot of difference too. Any new "security features" in Windows 8? If so, try disabling them.

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th November 2012 at 17:19.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote