Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 12th January 2018, 03:33   #3856  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post
I tried to create a hierarchy (tree view) on the Avisynthplus_color_formats page.
See also the Clip_properties page.
Two nitpicks:
There's a typo on YUVA444P claiming classic AviSynth has it.

The YUV422P10 entry is showing v210's data. IMO, v210 being interleaved and VfW-only should only be mentioned in the footnotes at the bottom, not in the table itself. The notes column could read like:
Code:
aka P210 (special-case: V210 output available via override§)
(or 'global OPT_Enable_V210()' instead of 'override'). But as it is right now, it's highly misleading since YUV422P10 is planar, is used internally in AviSynth+, and isn't VfW-only.

Quote:
If you want more confusion, consider that the new RGB(A) formats are planar; you can't call ConvertBits(x) on an RGB32 clip, you must call ConvertToPlanarRGBA first. I have posted a utilities script, called Utils-r41.avsi, that (among other things) hides this complexity behind To16bit and ToHibit(bits)
Well, for ConvertBits(16) you'd get RGBA64 - and as far as I'm aware, that should preserve the alpha. The question is whether RGBA64 is actually useful, or whether most destination programs expect 16-bit planar RGBA if working with >8bit and alpha.