View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 12:21   #55656  |  Link
tony359

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
The second screen is broken then, horizontally stretched showing only the left side of the image and everything is green.
I have just updated to windows 10 1809 and as usual I am fixing all the things that Microsoft resets at every update.

However I am also experiencing what Stax76 reports.

I am using a "dual monitor" setup only because my ONKYO does not see 4K output so I am extending my main monitor to it in 1080p to have sound.

As it stands, whenever MadVR goes full screen (not FSE) and the cursor disappears, the whole screen turns greenish, only the left part of the picture is displayed and it's stretched. If I move the cursor again, the screen is back to normal for a few seconds.

It only seems to happen when MadVR is being used. I've moved from D3D11 to Cuvid, disabled game mode as found on some forums but nothing.

I am using a 1050Ti and driver 416.94. Everything was working fine before updating the OS.

Please see a video here - it's a paused playback, it does not need to be playing for that to happen!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0spo...bScsVO_QtAVtcA

Any help?

Update: found the solution. I updated the nvidia drivers to 419.67. The installer reported that "none" driver was installed. After installing an rebooting, all works as expected. In fact, I found a change in the behaviour: where previously the nvidia control panel would report 16-235 levels but my projector would clearly see 0-255 input, now things match up. So OS reports limited 16-235 and projector senses 16-235.

Last edited by tony359; 9th April 2019 at 12:40.
tony359 is offline   Reply With Quote