View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 02:16   #35  |  Link
Danette

Yes, I did try TDecimate(Cycle=111, CycleR=11) and TDecimate(Cycle=108, CycleR=5) and both exhibit the same problem in the last half of the video. TDecimate(Mode=7) did greatly improve the duplicate elimination over specifying the cycles, but play was not as good as QTGMC. With the short sample I provided, you can’t see the change in the pattern throughout the video (I didn’t realize there was such an issue when I provided the sample). I think that Frank62 touched on this from his own experiences.

As you know, by examining the sample, it is hard to see a telecine pattern - there are varying combed frame lengths and duplicate frames in the source. DGIndex also identifies the video type of these sped-up episodes as video, not film. It seems that the Lexicon speed-up process mangles the structure pretty badly (though I am glad that this speed-up process was used rather than cutting content out). QTGMC(InputType=1) provides smooth play throughout. Given this, I’m having a hard time understanding why it would be better to continue trying to work the IVTC angle rather than just letting QTGMC deal with it.

Of course, using either Mode=7 or QTGMC or some ideal decimate cycle, puts the fps at 23.976 or 59.94, and this retains the source sped-up length at 22 minutes. To deliver the corrected speed of 25+ minutes, I added AssumeFPS(21.5) after TDecimate(Mode=7) or AssumeFPS(54) after QTGMC(InputType=1). So, I’m left with these odd frame rates, which do play correctly, and are in sync (thanks to AudioSpeed), on all the above mentioned devices.

Basically, I’m wondering why it is that I should not be happy with the QTGMC and 54 fps approach. I will gladly abandon this approach if there is a compelling reason to do so and am very interested to hear opinions on this.

Last edited by Danette; 23rd January 2021 at 03:12.
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote