View Single Post
Old 11th June 2018, 10:15   #51333  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Wow I finally had a few minutes to upgrade my HTPC with the june 5th nvidia driver (don't have the version off hand right now but it's the latest as of this writing). I am super impressed. I've had lots of problems with my setup in the past few months with dropped and repeated frames and all that. The latest nVidia driver allows me to set madvr to full 10bit, driver to full 12 bit, and TV to accept 4:4:4. PQ is phenomenal and dropped frames while bitstreaming audio seem to be extremely rare now. Good job nVidia! I've not tested 3D but hey this is pretty sweet for 2D!
I assume its Driver Version 398.11. After reading your post I thought I would try again as I had the same old issues with this driver and not saving custom resolutions.

This time I used DDU to wipe out any remnants of my older driver 390.77 which is the one I have had success with for frame rates.

Wiped, and then restarted and installed 398.11, tried a video and yes it looks like as I said previously in another post Nvidia seem to have created a 23.976 fix, but for me it was Frame repeats every 12 minutes which I verified watching a video.

I then tried to create a custom resolution, and again and again, it would switch to the 23 mode when you selected test, but after you selected ok, the custom resolution dissapeared, tried various times no joy.

Used the madVR custom res mode and it created one, it said I would have frame repeats every 7 hours, went into control panel, and yes there was a custom mode there, tried a video, and same again, drops every 12 minutes ish. So I then amended the madVR custom mode in Nvidia Control Panel, and no matter what I changed the frame rate seems to be locked by Nvidia for me.

Unsure if it is because I am Bitstreaming and others are not to see the benefit, ah well.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote