View Single Post
Old 25th October 2018, 06:20   #29  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
hm, it's almost as if you train yourself on using something, you get better at using that thing??? makes u think....

you acquired a skill for using a tool that is now no longer in widespread use. it's still a useful tool for doing the things you used to do with it, but there are now also new tools that work differently. if you don't want to use them, that's fine, but don't claim the new tools are useless because you refuse to learn how to use them
Some software is well-designed; some is not. Win10 is not.

One thing I learned back in the 1980s (when I was in the middle of things): some software is easy to learn, and some software is easy to use. Win10 went overboard trying to make it easy to learn, but in the process, it became hard to use.

Finally, I strongly object to product revisions which change things just for the sake of changing them. We used to call this "putting your scent" on the software, meaning that the programmer wanted to have his/her personality imprinted on the software, but without actually accomplishing anything useful. I'm still looking for even one useful feature in Win7 or Win10, but I haven't found a thing that, when I go back to XP, I find myself missing it.

I did say in my earlier posts that I use Win7 almost daily and have for many years. I know it well enough to dislike it. Win10 I've only used when called upon to fix other people's computers. I've watched over people's shoulders as they use it, and it is indeed a pig when it comes to doing things quickly and efficiently.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote