View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 18:50   #184  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Boundary View Post
A pattern of frames that alternate between lasting 1/20th of a second and 1/30th of a second is NOT jerky, at least not to anyone with human eyes and a human brain.
Maybe "judder" would have been a better term

The reason some people in this thread should not do this is duplicate frames. Some filters (many temporal, "artemis" model in upscale AI) do not work as well with hardcoded duplicates. eg. If Joel wants to clean up aliasing sections with temporal antialiasing filters, duplicates will make it less effective

Another reason is why encode ~2x more frames if you don't have to? Upscale AI isn't the fastest, even if you have a monster hardware. You end up with larger filesizes too for intermediates and final versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapp7 View Post
Even if I convert to RGB in the avs script and encode with libx264rgb? MediaInfo also reports that the outputted file has RGB color space. Is there another way to verify?
It depends on what Enhance AI is using to decode.

You can check the levels before and after.

Quote:
I believe you, but I might as well use a better command if available, even if improvement is marginal.
Fair enough, the main trade off there is the filesize for the intermediates.

If you zoom in 400% - you can barely see the difference. But the other things I mentioned - you can easily see the differences, those are worthwhile
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote