View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 22:03   #251  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Did you get any specific error message?
Nope,it just flashes on the screen for a second and is gone.
Manually running the command from a admin command prompt works fine
Quote:
Not sure why you get so much higher CPU usage when scaling is enabled. For me CPU consumption does not change much if I enable/disable scaling. Could you please try 1:1 and then just zoom in one step (MPC HC numpad [9], IIRC)? Do you get the same high CPU consumption that way?
I did some more tests.
High CPU consumption is caused by the OSD stats(ctrl-J)

without ctrl-J cpu usage is always 35% regardless of scaling settings, retested with EVR-CP too and it's not as stale as with madvr, it hovers between 10 and 22% averaging around 15
EDIT: i also tested beliyaal's build and it gets an average of 25

Quote:
Wow, what a difference in gpu rendering times! Ok, the source seems to have a very small resolution. Of course that helps keeping rendering times down in 1:1 mode. "average gpu rendering time" is the most important and it's quite nice with 5ms in 1:1 mode. It needs to be smaller than the "movie frame interval" (40ms). However, in scaled mode your "average gpu rendering time" is going through the roof with almost 60ms! That's too much. It seems that your graphics card is not fast enough to do scaling to 1080p with full madVR quality options. You can turn down the quality a bit in the madVR settings dialog. Maybe that helps? Try lowering luma+chroma textures to 10bit. With a bit of luck that might already be enough to push "average gpu rendering time" down under 40ms.
With everything disabled i get +/- 50ms

Last edited by tetsuo55; 13th April 2009 at 22:08.
tetsuo55 is offline   Reply With Quote