View Single Post
Old 25th December 2008, 16:48   #44  |  Link
popper

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweinsz View Post
I am happy to anounce that the DiAVC, another high profile decoder is released.

http://sites.google.com/site/diavcdecoder/

The supported features:
I Slice, P Slice, B Slice
Custom Quantization Matrix
CAVLC and CABAC
Deblocking Filter
Multi-reference frames
Direct_8x8_inference_flag = 1 or 0
IPCM
Constrained_intra_pred_flag = 1 or 0
transform 8x8 and 4x4
weighted_bipred_idc = 0, 1, 2
Need CPU with SSE2
Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 2000 are supported

On coming features:
weighted_pred_flag
interlaced supporting
Multi-Core supporting

Because the DiAVC's development is in early stage, I only provide the dll and the testbed. I'll add the supports on Direct_8x8_inference_flag = 0, weighted_bipred_idc and Multi-Core supporting, and then the interlaced supporting.

I have tested my DiAVC on my laptop with a Core Duo CPU of 1.86GHz using the CABAC high profile bitstream. The throughput is about 19mbps with 50% CPU fullness (single thread on a dual-core CPU). Because the DiAVC's development is in early stage, there are many space to be optimized to get a faster decoder, such as the un-optimized MC, transform8x8 and CABAC decoding.

Besides, where is some directshow samples I can reference?
I want to code a directshow transform filter for my DiAVC.
its very odd that you state you want to release your app as commercial property today ,however you dont even see fit to put MBAFF and PAFF on the top of your must have list, that IS the most required option for many people around the world that have access to DVB-* MBAFF and PAFF encoded content (the UK, EU, HD cams, etc) right now and want to decode it (better than)realtime for processing.....

will you infact be including these essential MBAFF and PAFF decoder options in your base code/app.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264
"Flexible interlaced-scan video coding features, including:
Macroblock-adaptive frame-field (MBAFF) coding, using a macroblock pair structure for pictures coded as frames, allowing 16×16 macroblocks in field mode (compared with 16×8 half-macroblocks in MPEG-2).

Picture-adaptive frame-field coding (PAFF or PicAFF) allowing a freely-selected mixture of pictures coded as MBAFF frames with pictures coded as individual single fields (half frames) of interlaced video.
"

Last edited by popper; 25th December 2008 at 16:58.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote