View Single Post
Old 6th January 2019, 23:03   #54123  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Tell me about it. My 1060 is just on the edge of keeping up and I did have to lower some settings to make it work reliably in the latest test build. The MINIMUM card I'm going to get for an upgrade is a 2070 at this point.
I was thinking of going down the Windows 8.1 route, but that is a bit of a step back in some respects, and unsure what I would gain.

My problem just now is a new 4K TV, and working with only a 2GB 1050 card, I am messing about with either just Passthrough, or using the Shaders option with most of it disabled, so don't think I am gaining anything with it.

What does confuse things is the more I mess with things, the less I understand whether that be DX9/DX11/FSE and the likes now I am messing with HDR, as I think I have things sussed out but then I can try another 4K file and things change and I may get dropped frames, or skipping with nothing really changing apart from seeing the Qs suddenly dropping off then back up again when I am within the target of ms.

So I mess with things again, and out of nowhere I may get an issue again, so it is hard to know what is the best setting or what to do or not do at this point.

So right now I am using madVR as an HDR switch as such as I dont have the right amount of spare capacity in the card I have at the moment.
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote