View Single Post
Old 7th January 2019, 14:57   #54134  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
I was thinking of going down the Windows 8.1 route, but that is a bit of a step back in some respects, and unsure what I would gain.

My problem just now is a new 4K TV, and working with only a 2GB 1050 card, I am messing about with either just Passthrough, or using the Shaders option with most of it disabled, so don't think I am gaining anything with it.

What does confuse things is the more I mess with things, the less I understand whether that be DX9/DX11/FSE and the likes now I am messing with HDR, as I think I have things sussed out but then I can try another 4K file and things change and I may get dropped frames, or skipping with nothing really changing apart from seeing the Qs suddenly dropping off then back up again when I am within the target of ms.

So I mess with things again, and out of nowhere I may get an issue again, so it is hard to know what is the best setting or what to do or not do at this point.

So right now I am using madVR as an HDR switch as such as I dont have the right amount of spare capacity in the card I have at the moment.
You should download GPU-Z and check your VRAM usage during playback. You only have 2GB to work with, which isn't a lot for 4K UHD content. At 1080p, I am using 2.5GB of VRAM with 4K content with a few settings enabled.

Network latency could also be an issue if the queues suddenly drop when playing certain files. Check to see if the video bitrate is higher with these files.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote