View Single Post
Old 30th October 2020, 16:22   #18724  |  Link
Spasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by activoice View Post
I've been running RipBot for years with no major problems, but this morning I opened RipBot and it did an update, and now EncodingServer.exe just hangs.

First when I did the update, launching EncodingServer.exe just opened a Command Line window, and the message Encoding Server is not Responding just kept scrolling by over and over... so I deleted Ripbot and did a fresh install.

I can run Ripbot264.exe fine, I can also run EncodingClient.exe fine, but when I try to run EncodingServer.exe it never opens, and I look in task manager and the task is just stuck.

Any ideas?

I also did a Malware Scan, and a SFC scannow to fix any corrupted system files.
LTTP but, do you have an AMD video card? Go to Task Manager and go to the Details tab. Find one of your EncodingServer tasks, right-click on it and Analyze wait chain. If you see something like AUP.exe in there, that's AMD's User Experience Program messing you up.

If that's the case, go into AMD drivers, Settings, General, AMD User Experience Program, and opt out of that crap post-haste. Do a reboot just for good measure.

Edit: Guess I should have read further that this is solved. Interesting that both NV and AMD drivers have their own version of the culprit.

While I'm here, might as well ask, will hardware decoding ever be supported for AMD cards? I will never be able to get my hands on an RTX 30XX, but I think I could get an RX68XX.

Last edited by Spasm; 30th October 2020 at 16:26.
Spasm is offline   Reply With Quote