View Single Post
Old 21st February 2020, 17:06   #18362  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
Hi,

I have some 4k videos that I previously encoded to 3840x1920 (2.00 AR with no borders).

I am reencoding them to 1280x640 for more portability to take on trips on my tablet.

I am able to do that one at a time by selecting "Custom Resize" and use x,xx:1 in the Avisynth tab, enter my preferred width and height directly, and it resizes and encodes them correctly witout adding borders which is exactly what I want. No issue there.

But if I try to expedite things by using the Batch feature, it doesn't give me that option, the only custom option for resize seems to be "Custom Auto Height", which first of all guesses incorrectly at the height for some reason and sets it to 692 instead of 640, which stretches the video, and the resulting encode also adds black bars to pad it out to 1280x720. Neither of these are what I want.

Am I missing something in the Batch encode settings, or can I customize the resize selection so I can directly enter 1280x640 and have it NOT add the black bars?

Either way I can get the result I need but it would be way more efficient if I could enter the correct settings once in the Batch interface and not have to do this one by one 10 times...
The only ways to "batch" I know to do this is to make the jobs in batch and then edit their job files with something like NotePad++ to add the custom lines you need/want.
Or the easier way, setup a custom script for this.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote