View Single Post
Old 17th August 2018, 17:54   #27651  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
But it's only happening to you, which makes me think the problem isn't in BD-RB. I use menu creation under Win10 almost every day in my quest to move all my DVD series discs to BD. It has never happened to me once. Trying to fix something that I can't repeat is almost impossible.
Apples and oranges. Things have changed between Win7 and Win10. Hell, obviously something changed between XP and Win7. Plus, am I the only one doing two menus under Win7-64?
Quote:
A race issue is probably a good guess. I could probably put a hidden variable in that creates a "wait" state between menus. But that's likely little more than howling at the moon without a better idea of the cause.
Sometimes howling at the moon works. Taking stabs at guesses sometimes manages to fix things without really knowing why. Been there, done that.
Quote:
I encode each of the menus separately because the plan is to, at some point, enable the ability to use a different menu background for each page. It only takes a few minutes. It's another of those "wish list" items that has been around for a while.
I wondered if that is what you were working up to. Thought... still working toward that goal is to do what I suggest. If the user only has one background, use it for all of the other menus, only encoding again when you have more backgrounds. It is a stab to see if it fixes the issue. Long shot, I know, but worth a try.
Quote:
I did, by the way, add the ability to use motion video rather than a fixed picture as the background to the next release. That's one item crossed off the list.
I definitely will give this a go. I await the release.

Last edited by MrVideo; 17th August 2018 at 18:17.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote